Current Hi Neighbour Sam (Peter Martin)
Hi Neighbour Sam (Peter Martin) has been a great ambassador for Transcona and has made several appearances since taking on this role.
Hi Neighbour Sam has:
- Visited with a number of Transcona schools and spoke to students in individual classrooms and at General assembly's.
- MCF for the annual Nationals / Optimist Club Gold plate fund raising dinner.
- Interviewed over 100 Transcona citizens about why they love Transcona and why the Hi Neighbour festival is so important.
- Poured tea at Park manor personal care home and spoke at their annual dinner.
- Was part of the Larche - Tova restaurant opening and interviewed a number of residents.
- Participated in L'Arche walk for 3 years.
- Promoted Hi Neighbour festival on Breakfast TV, CBC Radio, CTV news and Global TV.
- Spoke at Transcona Council for Seniors at a number of their lunches and events.
- Spoke to the residents of Devonshire house about the HNF.
- Spoke at a number of Legion General meetings.
- Interviewed the past Hi Neighbour Queens at Dal's restaurant.
- Was the starter for the children races at the family picnic at Park Circle organized by the Transcona legion.
- Spoke at the Transcona Scout hall to the youth about HNF.
- Helped Museum sell calendars at KP
- Helped local organizations at KP with Kids rides and fun events.
- Met with Transcona's 101 year old citizen to talk about Transcona and her life in the community.